Welcome to my website.
I am Dr. Detlef Eric Hinz, specialist in product and business development.
Since 1991 I am active in the exciting and innovative field called technology transfer as a founder, business developer, inventor consultant and licensing manager.As a biologist, I worked for six years at the Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum in Heidelberg and studied human medicine until the first state examination.
I am the co-founder of the well known company PromoCell in Heidelberg, a company specializing in cell culture, and supported several startup companies i.e. Genovac and SCO LifeSciences.
In my work at at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft and Bayerische Patentallianz in Munich I proofed more than 500 university inventions for their marketability, developed intellectual property strategies and negotiated numerous lucrative licensing agreements. This also included one of the largest deals in Germany between a university and an US biotech company.
My Expertise is
- evaluation of lab, diagnostic, pharma and medtech inventions
- patent analysis
- technology marketing
- finding an industrial partner for a new technology
- searching innovations for companies
- negotiation of licensing agreements
- assistance to setting up a business
- writing business plans
- business plan competitions (i.e. Münchner Businessplanwettbewerb, science4life)
- government funding (i.e. VIP Förderung, GO Bio, EXIST Forschungstransfer)
- product development
- business development
- establishing a distributor network
- using CAS genesisworld, SugarCRM, vtiger for technology marketing
Further details are listed in my profiles at LinkedIn and Xing.